Apr 30, 2017

Reckless or Rush Driving is Too Expensive, I pay the price!

Researchers at the Okinawa Institute of Technology Graduate University in Japan and Forschungszentrum Jülich in Germany discovered that "Simulating 1 second of human brain activity takes 82,944 processors". My accident might be within a fraction of second, but the thought that was generated at that bery moment covers my whole life, my family, my mom, my wife and my home. It surprise me when i recall of what i have thought on that moment. 

This incident - a bike accident in the month of April 2017 on Tedim Road between Imphal and Churachandpur will be remembered as a black scar in the history of my life on account of its high price. 

A reckless driving violation is a very serious charge with many costs. Reckless driving is defined as: "Driving or using any motor vehicle, motorcycle or any other vehicle propelled by any power other than muscular power or any appliance or accessory thereof in a manner which unreasonably interferes with the free and proper use of the public highway, or unreasonably endangers users of the public highway. Reckless driving is prohibited. Every person violating this provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."
As per Section 177 Motor Vehicle Act of India, Rough/ Reckless/ Negligent Driving would levy penalty of Rs 1000. Again Section 184 Motor Vehicle Act can jail me for 6 months or with a penalty of  Rs 1000 for Hazardous or hasty (over the speed limit) driving. Though I was not detained on that moment, the price I paid is much more higher than that of the penalties as per law.

The maximum penalties for a reckless driving conviction in Virginia are Six (6) DMV points, $2,500 fine, 6 months driver’s license suspension and 12 months jail time. This is nothing compare to the price that I paid.

Driving my bike at a speed of 80 km/hr is not a new thing to me, if the road is open, it is the usual speed of my riding. The maximum speed that I have drived with my bike so far was, when I travel from Jorhat to CCpur back in the year 2013. At that speed of 110 km/hr, I am not sure if the bike touches the ground or not, I feel like I was flying.

On that fateful day of April 21, 2017 morning, I was driving at a speed of 70 km/hr only on the best part of Tedim Road. I thought I was alone on that empty road, but a stray huge oxen suddenly jumps in the road right in front of me. There was no time to press the brake nor control the bike, but to directly and forecefully hit the ox which is the only option available.

The moment I know I hit an animal, I was already morethan 10 feets away from my bike. Due to rain, the road was slippery which makes me slide for morethan ten feets. During that very brief moment, I could imagine how bad I would be covered with blood, how bad my skins would be scratched. I never think that I would get hurt in my chest and arms, but that was what makes me partially paralyse now. Thanks to my thick helmet which protects my head from getting hurt.

Fortunately, the xray results show no broken or fracture bones, but something that might last my whole life. Sneeze or cough, the pain is unbearable on chest part. Can't lift or hold anything with left hand, the joints on my left hand and shoulder tells different story while moving forward or backward.

I pay the price of my reckless driving. Repairing bike cost me morethan Rs 10,000/-, medicine and medical exammination costs me a huge amount. So, I pay the price of RUSH DRIVING.

Youngstars or any drivers, you can avoid paying high price, you still have time. Be careful while driving.

Thank God, for sparing my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment